Home Liberal Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Resistance FRIDAY! (Daily Kos)

Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Resistance FRIDAY! (Daily Kos)

40
0
SHARE

Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Resistance FRIDAY! – Bill in Portland Maine (dailykos.com) / April 6 2018

From the GREAT STATE OF MAINE…

I’m Not Just Polling Your Leg
With the exception of that one mad scientist in Hoboken whose time travel experiment succeeded beyond his wildest dreams, the first quarter of 2018 is behind us. And that means it’s C&J number-crunching time. Every few months we revisit the results of recent C&J polls to give you a retro-snapshot of just what the hell “you people” were thinking between January through March. Please note that these polls are not affiliated with Markos’s new Civiqs project (which you should go over to right now and drool over). Amazing unanimity in this batch…

• 95 percent of you are not surprised that Trump doesn’t know the words to our national anthem. (2,889)

• 94 percent still have an unfavorable opinion of George W. Bush. The other 6 percent are trolls. (4,034)

• 99 percent don’t support the Ivanka Trump-Rand Paul family leave plan that would force people to draw from their Social Security to pay for maternity leave and delay their retirement. (4,765)

• 99 percent also don’t support Trump’s vanity military parade for which he wants (but can’t have) tanks and mobile missile launchers. (4,575)

• 97 percent don’t believe the U.S. Congress will lift a finger to address gun violence before the midterm elections on November 6. (4,551)

• 71 percent give Rex Tillerson an F for his time as Secretary of State. 25 percent give him a D. (3,495)

• Two-thirds of you thought the March For Our Lives marches were bigger than you expected. (3,366)

• 98 percent weren’t surprised by learning that Trump had to write “I hear you” on a cheat-sheet during a White House meeting with students and parents of gun violence. (3,511)

• Regarding the New York governor’s race: 44 percent of you are Cynthia Nixon supporters, 30 percent are Andrew Cuomo supporters, and 26 percent say they ain’t got no dawg in this hunt. (2,926)

• A few weeks ago 51 percent of you believed that EPA head Scott Pruitt should be the next member of Trump’s inner circle to leave, followed by Jared Kushner (32%) and Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke (9%). The guy on our list of poll choices who got the fewest votes (1%) was VA Secretary David Shulken, who ended up being the actual next one to leave. (4,020)

As always, we bow to your superior ability to have opinions on stuff.

Your west coast-friendly edition of Cheers and Jeers starts below the fold… [Swoosh!!] RIGHTNOW! [Gong!!]

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2018/4/6/1754626/-Cheers-and-Jeers-Rum-and-Resistance-FRIDAY

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here