Google CEO Dodges Question On Blacklisting Of Conservative Websites – By Tristan Justice (The Federalist) / July 29 2020
Google CEO Sundar Pichai brushed off questions Wednesday before the House Judiciary subcommittee on antitrust related to the tech giant’s apparent blacklisting of conservative groups last week when about a dozen major websites were temporarily de-platformed.
“I will have to look into it,” Pichai said in response to a question from Republican Congressman Gregory Steube over the episode, going on to claim there are “more conservative voices than ever before” on the platform.
“Can I expect a response from you, say in the next two weeks, as to why that occurred?” Steube pushed.
“Congressman, we’ll do our best to follow up and I’ll engage with your office,” Pichai said.