NRCC Pulls Support For House Candidate With Racist History
By Haley Byrd (weeklystandard.com) / July 9 2018
Seth Grossman made multiple racist social media posts and called diversity ‘a bunch of crap.’
The National Republican Campaign Committee has pulled its support from Seth Grossman, the GOP nominee in New Jersey’s 2nd Congressional District, after MediaMatters.org revealed social media posts by Grossman containing white supremacist content.
“Bigotry has no place in society—let alone the U.S. House of Representatives. The NRCC withdraws our support of Seth Grossman and calls on him to reconsider his candidacy,” NRCC Chairman Steve Stivers said in a statement provided to THE WEEKLY STANDARD on Monday evening. “The people of New Jersey’s 2nd District deserve an inclusive Republican candidate who will be a trusted conservative voice in Congress.”
Grossman, a right-wing radio host and pundit, used his Facebook page to publicize articles from racist websites, such as a post from the white supremacist website American Renaissance. The article in question contended, among other hateful things, that black people “are a threat to all who cross their paths.”
Grossman shared the article on his Facebook account in December 2014. “Oy vay! What so many people, black, white and Hispanic, whisper to me privately but never dare say out loud publicly,” he wrote. “Back in the Old Country, people were very careful about what they said for fear of retaliation. At one time, America was a free country and people were not afraid to express their true thoughts. Am just posting this as an individual and not on behalf of any organization.”
The candidate previously received backlash for remarks that were caught on tape by a Democratic research group last month, in which he argued that the concept of diversity is “a bunch of crap and un-American.”